Thursday, September 18, 2014

Make-Up the Cheaper way...

Whenever I go to a drugstore ( here in the Netherlands I mainly go to Kruidvat and back in the States when we go on vacation it's always CVS)  I end up buying make-up which I actually don't need but still end up using. I think many of you beauties deal with this. 

We call these make-up items 'Budget Makeup' as most of the people are able to afford them. I mean make-up is all about enhancing the Beauty not about the price tag of the make-up or how big the brand is. For instance a cheaper eyeshadow can also contain high pigment.

''Make-up is all about enhancing the Beauty''

Some budget brands are pretty good in quality as well, you don't always need to buy your make-up at the counter of a high end brand, that's a choice that everyone needs to make for themselves.

Today I wanted to share some of my favorite budget make-up brands and my favorite picks!

Let start with my most favorite brand lately, which is so affordable and actually I don't have any bad experiences with it as yet, people that know me can guess it.. yes it's NYX Cosmetics. I use their eye shadows, eyeshadow base, blush, and I am getting obsessed with there lipsticks every time I see them!

My favorites of NYX, for NL available at Douglas

Than we have HEMA which is like the Target in the USA. The only difference is that it sells all the products with their own 'Hema' brand. My favorite Liquid Eyeliner is the 'Hema Eyeliner'. It's the blackest in the liquid range. I also use the blush sometimes, as it has a pretty good pigment. I recently bought a pair of lashes as they look so pretty, though I still need to try it.  

Hema Essentials


Catrice cosmetics is one of the cheapest brands along with Essence cosmetics. I run out of my Essence make-up for good pictures but I love the blush of Essence cosmetics, they are everything, the pigment is great and it gives you that subtle overall look. Since a short period I am a huge fan of the limited edition of the Catrice Luminizing Bronzer, it has a pinky glow and its great for highlighting the upper area of the cheeks. 

For all the light shades and uneven skin I highly recommend the All Round Concealer, it's a compact package and is quickly applyable with either your hand or a brush. Now about the lipsticks. They actually are pretty good, but the texture is not that thick, however if you use a liner all over the lips and fill it in with the lipsticks it looks beautiful.

Catrice Essentials

L'oreal Lumi primer is the best primer in my opinion. The texture is great as less is needed, it covers the whole face and eliminates the uneven parts. 

I recently tried the Miss Manga mascara as I only heared and read positive things. Now I have been using it for 3 weeks or so, and it's pretty good as you need less. When pulling out the brush it contains lots of product. I often use it as a second layer of Mascara after I used another Mascara. The brush is designed in a way that it gives you a fuller lash look, and the eyes appear to be bigger. What girl doesn't want that right?!

L'oreal Essentials


The Sleek Make-Up and Elf Cosmetics eye shadows are just incredible, and the prices are ridiculously low. The reason that I only mention the eye shadows is because they are highly pigmented and very easy to blend. For all the ladies a must have!
ELF cosmetics Essentials ( 144 Palette)
Sleek Make-UP Eyeshadows


My favorite Mascara for the last 5 or 6 years is Maybelline Falsies in Black Drama, this mascara gives me the perfect base coat and is the blackest ever. As I mentioned above the first coat that I used is and I think always will be Black Drama, although the Miss Manga now gives me that extra finished look these Mascara's are surely my dream team LOL!

Another newbie is the FIT ME pressed powder which I bought during my visit to the US this year. I bought a powder for the overall face, and a very dark powder which is actually great for contouring as it is very blendable and has no shimmer to it. 


Maybelline Beauty Essentials


Last but not the least, the Rimmel London Kate Moss lipsticks are heavenly. The texture is so smooth and creamy and the lipstick stays during a larger portion of the day. The nude colour is my all time favorite. 

Rimmel Lipsticks by Kate Moss

I think that's enough for today, if you have any tips for me regarding budget make-up please let me know, I love to try them out.

Take care and have a lovely day Beauties!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment