Tuesday, December 16, 2014

All I want for X-mas.. are colors!

Well well it is already December right? The year almost flew by! Is it me or 'the older you get, the faster the time goes'. I remember when I was young I would wait for my birthday and beside that I would wait for the Christmas time to come around but back than it took so long!

' I still wait for Christmas'

So what didn't change in this lady in the present time is...uuhm I still wait for Christmas, I love the decorations, the lights that are so beautiful when it gets dark so fast, and of course I like the colors that we can use in our make-up to create that perfect look for this festive season.

So I decided to take 4 different palettes and create 4 different looks for you. So the basic things I use before applying any eyeshadow is a eyeshadow base. 

You might have bought a nice eyeshadow palette or just a single eyeshadow once ( or many more times in your life hihi) that you loved right? And when you got home you happily tried it on your eyelid, looked in the mirror and than got the shock of your life... 'Why isn't the color so bright as it appears in the packaging? Did I get conned? Is it my skin color? Why does this always happen to me?' 

WELL WELL stop being dramatic lovely's I have the solution for you. You are missing out on the eyeshadow base. It's so important to first apply some eyeshadow base and than go ahead and create your eye looks. Other things that are just as good as a eyeshadow base are colored  Jumbo sticks. For instance if you have blue eyeshadow, a blue jumbo stick will do the extra magic as it will intensify the color of your eyeshadow. So for the below looks I used either a NYX Jumbo stick or the High Definition Eyeshadow base also by NYX ( of course you can use any brand you want by the way, I am just obsessed with this brand as you might have noticed).

So for the below looks I used 4 different eyeshadow palettes and the same NYC eyeliner . For each look I sticked by 1 palette.

Look 1: NYX Soho Glam Collection Palette I have had this for years. I bought it on one of my trips to Dubai as they didn't sell the brand in the Netherlands back than. If you search the Internet you might find one. Affordable, long lasting and amazing texture.

Look 2: Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Palette ( this one is out of stock but you might find some on Amazon, it's worth the try as it belongs to my daily make-up essentials )

Look 3: W7 In the Night Palette This actually is a very affordable and highly pigmented palette. Most of the time they make a excellent dupe for the Urban Decay Naked palettes but it seems like they launched the dupe before the original even came out LOL! A 'Must have' and 'A must gift' for Christmas for the ladies.

Look 4: E.L.F. 144 eyeshadow Palette It seems that this one is also out of stock but if you click on the link you will find a similar palette only with 100 colors instead of 144, with pretty much the same shades!

So I hope you liked the looks and try to re-create them for the Christmas and New Years Eve or even for a daily look without going all glittery. 

If you have any questions or suggestions don't hesitate to comment below, I will gladly answer all your questions. 

Hope you have a beautiful day my lovely's!

Till next time.

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment