Thursday, October 2, 2014

Samer Khouzami.. A Beauty Experience

So as some of you might already know I was one of the lucky people here in the Netherlands to attend a Masterclass held by one of the biggest names in the Make-up industry especially in the middle east 

Note book and the personal Entry Pass 
Proudly holding my Certificate with the Master himself ' Samer Khouzami' ( Photo by DutchBeautyAcademy)

Few months back I went all crazy when my little sister called me on my phone and uttered the words 'OMG Samer Khouzami is coming to the Netherlands for a Masterclass you have to join!'

Within 10 minutes I had applied the form for joining the class and quickly received a confirmation that I gained a spot for the masterclass of Samer Khouzami on the 28th September 2014 ( I couldn't believe it I was not only going to meet him but also learn his way of applying make-up OMG OMG OMG!)

So last Sunday was the day and I wanted to share my experience with you beauties!
Samer is not only known for his application of beautiful make-up, but he is also (as I like to call him) the 'King of Highlighting & Contouring!' 

The story of his journey was so inspiring. A young boy in a not so rich family with a passion growing inside of him,  a passion for make-up!  This passion was just the beginning of what became a dream come true. A successful celebrity make-up Artist, and one of the first make-up artists to go on a world tour to share his knowledge and experience with those who are inspired by his work! 

Face Charts with my drawing notes
"It was a face which he beautifully transformed into this piece of art "
The masterclass started off with the his signature transformation for photo make-up. He showed the tricks,  the inns and the outs of Highlighting and Contouring. His own way to study the face, transform and enhance the most beautiful features of the face. And an incredible look was created! Only this time I felt it wasn't just a look that was created by the master himself,  it was a face which he beautifully transformed into this piece of art! LIVE, with this knowledge that he shared with it! And above all I was part of it!

Photo after the first part of the Class ( sorry of the bad light this was shot with my Sony Z1)

But that was only the beginning of so much more to come.

After the lunch all the students were asked to have a look at the new model on the stage, as he picked some of the students who volunteered to replicate all the steps for the photo make-up as he explained and demonstrated on the previous model before lunch. Few students, 1 for each step. Of course we were aloud to assist and ask questions during the second part of the class. Humble as he is, he explained the wrong, showed how to correct, and even cheered for those who did well! This second part of the class ended with a look created by Samer and the students together.

Before and After of the 2nd part of the Class ( Photo by Samer Khouzami)

Last but not the least part of the class, was all about Bridal make-up! Great thing about this part was that not only we got a step by step creating this look, which was a softer version in regards of highlighting and contouring of the first 2 creations but we also got tips for Bridal Make-up beside the application of itself. To name a few:

- Sit and talk ahead of the Job
- What does the Bride wants?
- How does the bride wants it, what is her vision?
- Where is the wedding to be held

Bridal Make-up in vision of Samer Khouzami is all about helping a bride making her special day a historical one! Not only should she be stunning in person but also making sure that the she is captured beautifully on photo's.

Before and after of the last part of the Class ( Photo by Samer Khouzami)
''Make Up is Magic''
For me this was a unforgettable experience. I learned so much about highlighting and contouring which I had no knowledge of whatsoever. And my respects for they way he puts on eye shadows without any fall out! Another thing that I can't forget which was so beautiful, it was the way he addresses the face while he puts make-up on it, he calls it ' the Canvas' which expresses how passionate he is with his work.

If I had to explain my experience and knowledge that he passed on in one sentence it would be ''Make Up is Magic''!

 I would like to thank The Dutch Beauty Academy for making it possible for me to attend the ''Ultimate Beauty Tour'' Masterclass by Samer Khouzami.

For the die hard fans among us, there will be a Samer Khouzami Brushes collection launching in December 2014!

Hope you beauties enjoyed my little journey of this educational beauty day.

xoxo

Samer Khouzami with his Dolled up Models ( Photo By DutchBeatuyAcademy)
Photo moment at the End of the Masterclass with all the models
Photo Moment after the 2nd part of the Class
The Magical Beauty Chair
With Ozge, a sweet co-student which I spend the class with

With Urmila, One of the kind hearted persons I met during the Masterclass




6 comments:

  1. This was a very interesting post :) thanks for sharing. Shakk i ask how much was the pas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! Thanks for reading. The pass was 400 euro's and honestly it was worth it. Xoxo

      Delete
  2. You are absolutely lucky to have been able to attend his class!! What did he recommend as products to highlight and contour and what foundations? Would love to know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are to many products that he used for foundation, Tom Ford, Channel, Laura Mercier to name a view. The main product he used for contour and highlight during the class was Anastasia Beverlyhills concealers.
      xoxo

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for responding!! Could I ask one more question? What products did he recommend to set the highlight, contour and foundation?

      Delete
    3. Hi Elise, I am so sorry for the late response as I was on Vacation, he uses many high end brands like, Tom Ford, Chanel among others, but 1 of the main products for hightlighting and contouring were the concealers of Anastasia Beveryhills.

      xoxo

      Delete