Saturday, October 25, 2014

Lippies by NYX

So since a year now I' ve grown to be a fan of NYX Cosmetics, especially some of there lip glosses and lipsticks.

My Creation with my NYX lippies

It first started with my sudden obsession with Matte Lipstick. I only discovered that most of the budget brands don't offer Matte lipsticks, most of them always have that Glow and shine on them.

''Matte lips gives you that extra fierce look that all girls need once in a while''


Of course I do love the shiny lipsticks as well, but I feel Matte lips gives you that extra fierce look that all girls need once in a while! And for all the ladies that are blessed with full lips that's a "HELL YEAH" to Matte !

So as my daily routine I scrolled down on Instagram to check out all the dope looks posted by these incredible beautiful ladies and of course some pretty talented gents as well! And I came across the brand NYX! Quickly I googled where I could buy NYX goodies in the Netherlands and ( smile ear to ear LOL) it happened to be available at Douglas! I was so happy and as you guessed I rushed to Douglas.

I love NYX

However here in the Netherlands we only have a limited amount of NYX make-up ( yeah I know sad),  I hope they extend the collection here as soon as possible.

So back to my story I came across NYX Matte lipsticks for a very reasonable price, and the great thing is; if you are a holder of the Douglas card you get a extra 10% discount, so that was a extra treat!

I love the structure of these Matte NYX lipsticks and even the normal NYX lipsticks. The NYX Matte line stays put almost a whole day and doesn't dry out my lips like other Matte Lipsticks tend to do. It's sad to say as I am a huge fan of MAC cosmetics, but for instance Ruby Woo. The lipstick starts drying out my lips at the end of the day, sometimes it even happens that my lips start breaking ( I have no clue how to explain but I guess you know what I mean hihi)!

My NYX Matte Collection

The other lipsticks beside the Matte collections by NYX are superb as well. They are creamy and the pigment is incredible! 

Non Matte Nyx Lipsticks

My newest addiction is the NYX Matte lip gloss. I used to hate glosses. My hate for it goes way back to my college years. Back than I traveled with the bus and the bus stop was on a walking distance. Even than most of the year it often got stormy or windy ( what to expect more of the Netherlands haha). I would apply lots of lip gloss back than and step outside, and (YES you guessed it)  my hair would fly around my face and get stuck to my shiny mouth and before I knew my whole face was covered in lip gloss URRGGHH. That's when I decided no more shiny lip glosses for this young lady!

As I heared and seen the new Matte lip glosses on Instagram I quickly checked online with Douglas about the availability.  Pity me, no Matte glosses by NYX for the dutchies. So as you read in my previous post I went to Dubai, so I checked it out there, and YIPPY I was lucky to buy 2 colors. I bought a red and a pink color as most of the stock was empty for the Matte Gloss collection ( but HEY better something than nothing at all).

My Matte Lip Gloss / Lip Creams

I love to wear these Matte glosses, it's absolutely NOT sticky, texture is great when you put it on. It looks like a lipstick actually, and believe it or not it gives a pretty good amount of pigment given it's only a gloss. The not so good thing is,  the build-up throughout the day! If you re-apply it more than three times it gives a weird feeling on the lips and a creasy lip look.

But I would definitely recommend this brand to pamper and color up your lips, it has great quality for a budget price!

On the below picture I have made a swatch of all the NYX lip colours I have. From the left to the right:

- Hot Pink 
- Tea Rose
- Eros
- Cacao
- Bloody Mary ( Matte)
- Alabama ( Matte)
- Indie Flick ( Matte)
- Aria ( Matte)
- Addis Ababa ( Soft Matte Lip Cream)
- Antwerp ( Soft Matte Lip Cream)
- Amsterdam ( Soft Matte Lip Cream)

NYX Lippies Swatch

Let me know what your favorite lipstick brand is and what colors of NYX lipsticks you like?!
Till next time my beauties!

Xoxo,
Son

No comments:

Post a Comment